SQPS Ltd. has successfully implemented 5S, A3, and Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) in many organizations.
PDSA focuses on reducing waste and standardizing processes across organizations. This approach uses careful measurement and statistical analysis to understand which areas companies needs to focus their efforts to reach their goals.
- Plan by defining the problem or exploring an improvement opportunity then measuring the baseline performance to clearly identify root causes and/or course of action. Use statistical process control (SPC) where applicable
- Do by implementing the solution to tackle the issue. Uses design of experiments (DOE) where applicable
- Study data from the results of implementation. Use SPC where applicable.
- Act on your findings by going back to the plan for additional work on the same problem or tackling other issues process by eliminating root causes
The 5S methodology creates a culture that establishes, improves, and supports a productive work environment. Among other benefits, the 5S Program offers continuous improvement of workplace safety, productivity and employee satisfaction:
- Systematize (or Set in Order)
- Sweep (or Shine)
The A3 Program offers companies an organized system for understanding opportunities for improvement in the workplace. The program focuses on continual improvement, timeliness, efficiency and other quality-related benefits.
The development of an A3 Program will produce a culture of improvement and change, which is at the very core of the system. When implemented correctly, the A3 Program will assist companies to flourish in their fields.
The A3 Program represents the following areas:
- Logical Thinking
- Organization of Information
- Focus on Critical Information
- Align Effort with Strategy / Goals
- Consistency across Organization
- Problem Solving
When it comes to PDSA, 5S and A3, we offer training, certification, and more.